Thunderbird Office365 Calendar QUB
To have access to Outlook’s meeting request and calendar features, you need to install and configure two addons for Thunderbird.
- Install the latest version of the Lightning add-on.
- Download the latest version of the Exchange Calendar and Tasks Add-on.
- There are a few release candidates, currently the latest version is 3.2.2
- In Thunderbird, click on Tools | Add-ons
- Click on the Gear icon (next to “Search all add-ons”) and select Install Add-on From File.
- Select the recently downloaded addon.
Once the two addons are installed, create a new calendar, select Microsoft Exchange 2007⁄2010 Use the following settings:
Server URL: https://pod51050.outlook.com/ews/exchange.asmx Primary email address: email@example.com Username: userid@.ads.qub.ac.uk Domain name: [Leave this blank] Share Folder Id: [Leave this blank]
These details are for Queen’s University Belfast, something similar should work with other organizations.
If you are having trouble connecting, check the Server URL. I identified the address by checking the URL bar when I was logged into office365’s outlook web-app. I have been unable to reproduce this, if you find a way to identify which pod you are using please let me know.