I was using netbootin like I always do, got annoyed about the fact that I couldn’t find my iso image in the mess of files which is called my home directory. That’s when I thought I could implement a filter…
To add a filter to the image selection screen.
1. First I searched unetbootin’s bug system for any referrence to a file filter and found this, which I assigned to my self.
2. I got a copy of the source git clone http://github.com/gkovacs/unetbootin.git
3. Installed the development library required. apt-get install libqt4-dev
4. Installed the Qt SDK, which also comes with a nice IDE (Qt Creator).
5. Had a look around and located the function which allows you to select files (void unetbootin::on_FloppyFileSelector_clicked()). It uses Qt’s QFileDialog::getOpenFileName.
Qt API is documented very well I was able to add new filters within seconds See simple.
6. Compile, check that I can select files. Sent a git pull request to the unetbootin mantainers. Done.